"Renowned for its creative spirit and practical out-of-the-box thinking, Holland brings ideas to life."
Holland: The Creative Capital of Europe
Renowned internationally for its entrepreneurial spirit and out-of-the-box thinking, the Netherlands is home to a thriving creative industry. Whether it’s fashion, advertising, entertainment or media, Holland attracts creative minds from all over the map, making it one of the world’s most multicultural hubs for creative talent. Simply put, it’s a great place to bring ideas to life.
Aiming to be Europe’s most creative economy by 2020, the Netherlands continue to attract global talent. Employment in Amsterdam’s creative sector has grown 25 % since 2011, which is more than twice the pace of the United States. Hollands’ multicultural mindset breeds out-of-the-box thinking and makes it the perfect test bed for new ideas. The opportunities for superior work-life balance and a high quality of life are additional attractions for global talent seeking to grow their careers.
Facts & Figures
The Dutch creative industry
- consists of 144,100 companies and 186,000 FTEs (2,6%);
- has been expanding faster than any other sector in the past few years, with an average of 2.3% between 2005 and 2015 compared to a national average of 0.4%;
- is responsible for a 1.8% increase of the GNP per year;
- has an annual turnover of nearly €17 billion (2.8% of the GNP) and an added financial value of nearly €12 billion (2015);
- grows on fertile soil: the Netherlands has been in the top 5 of most innovative countries in Europe for years (4th place in 2016, European Commissions’ Innovation Scoreboard).
“Dutch. Dutch design and architecture is not about just another building, lamp or table, but to improve life” Daan Roosegaarde in Monocle Magazine, December 2017
With an international workforce joining top companies flocking to the Netherlands, it’s no surprise that the Dutch have garnered a worldwide reputation as a leading location for creativity and innovation.